Moet Abebe Opens up..

Unknown Thursday, May 23, 2013
Moet Abebe opens up

Moet has recently been in the news for reasons you and I know or might not know as there is still no proof of the said tape but she recently gave an Interview to Flytime TV. Get to know the soundcity TV Vj better below..

Moet Abebe Full names Laura Monyeazo Abebe  is a Soundcity Presenter and VJ,she left Nigeria to the UK at age 11 to study,in her second year at University studying law,she began to gain interest in modelling which gave her an opportunity to appear in some Videos and Advert Campaigns.

Moet presently works on  around 3 shows for music Channel Sound city including 1 on 1 with Moet,global countdown,wired and whats up.

She talks about her personal style;

Personal style: My personal style is a blend of glamorous, sexy and chic... I always want to stand out from the crowd and that mentality is interpreted in my style
Favorite Red Carpet Designers: International designers I would love to wear on the red carpet are Stella McCartney and Vivienne Westwood. As for Nigerian designers I'm in love with both Bridget Awosika and Toju Foyeh's designs and finishing
What I’ll never be caught wearing: Those plastic sandals that some girls seem to be wearing anywhere nowadays... Gross




Personal style: My personal style is a blend of glamorous, sexy and chic... I always want to stand out from the crowd and that mentality is interpreted in my style
Favorite Red Carpet Designers: International designers I would love to wear on the red carpet are Stella McCartney and Vivienne Westwood. As for Nigerian designers I'm in love with both Bridget Awosika and Toju Foyeh's designs and finishing
What I’ll never be caught wearing: Those plastic sandals that some girls seem to be wearing anywhere nowadays... Gross
Perfume: My favourite perfume is Alien by Thierry Mugler as it has such a mature and husky smell which I love in fragrances.
Cosmetic Kit:  I adore Clinique's 1-5 steps because its so ideal for my sensitive skin
Favorite Book: The one book that has left an impression on me is the autobiography "A child called It" by Dave Pelzer which is a journey through the domestic violence and child abuse which the author faced as a child in the hands of his mother.


Favorite Movie:  "A Beautiful Mind" which was directed by one of my favourite directors Ron Howard and stars the best actor in the world (according to me) Russell Crowe.  It's based on the life of John Nash who was a Nobel Laureate in Economics and early on in the movie develops paranoid schizophrenia and battles with his delusional episodes and watches the loss and burden his condition brings on his wife and friends.
Movie(s) that made me cry:  The Notebook which stars Ryan Gosling and Rachael McAdams always makes me cry. It's such a deeply romantic movie and in these times where the idea of love seems to be so far-fetched, it's such a breath of fresh air to at least believe love
does exist.


Movie(s) that make me laugh: It would be no other than "Friday, Next Friday and Friday After Next" I do believe they are 3 separate movies but exist as a trilogy. I love how it is all set in the ghetto in the States but the idea of the hostile and unfriendly environment which is often associated with "the hood" is in some ways turned into a satire and is the perfect form of comic relief


Moet Abebe opens up

How I relax:  It takes a lot for me to relax because I'm always on my feet, trying to be as active as possible but whenever I do get the chance, I relax.
Hobbies: I love reading, swimming, working out and hanging out with my mother most especially (she's the only one who completely understands me).
How I spend my weekends: My weekends are hardly ever relaxed because not having a 9-5 permits my weekends to be taken up by work, but if I'm not working I'm probably catching up on all the sleep I missed out on during the week.


My dream vacation: The Maldives would be my dream vacation. It's an island nation in the Indian Ocean and it’s so tropical and looks absolutely stunning but unfortunately due to Climate change and global warming, it's apparently going to be underwater by 2050, so I still have more than enough time to go explore it's white sands and blue-water beaches.
Nigerian fashion: Yes I do believe and agree that Nigerians are one of the most fashionable people in the world because we are such happy people no matter our given circumstances and what better way to show the people around us the joy we feel but to look good. Our culture revolves around celebration and partying, fashion in its sense is an expression of some sort of celebration so our culture and fashion work hand in hand.


Moet Abebe

My fans and everyone else on twitter: With the work I do I always hope for the best but expect the worst. I hope I have been able to get genuine fans who love and appreciate what I do but at the same time, I do know that not everyone will like me as I am very far from perfect
so I expect to get a few insults tossed at me here and there especially on twitter. I often ignore the insults because I know who I am and those who know me love me for me. However, one thing I do know is that I will not take any insults towards my family lightly and those are the times I speak out to ensure that I'm not looking to be liked but I will be respected.



Advice to aspiring youths: I'm not necessarily one to give advice because I am still making mistakes and learning from them but the one piece of advice I would pass on to the youths aspiring to be as bold and as daring as myself would be to always remain persistent. Nothing comes easy. You rise and then you fall and then you rise again. The main thing is to have your eye on your individual goal and have it at the back of your mind that you will not give up till you cross the finish line.
Moet in seven words: Moët is a strong, easy-going extrovert chasing her dreams.

Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment